Monday, July 18, 2011

My TV interview on Nihon Terib(Japanese TV Channel)

My relative had come down from US and I was taking him around Tokyo. We went to Ginza one of the most expensive places on earth. It is a place where you find all the branded merchandise and designer stores. As we were walking through the street I met guy who introduced himself and asked if I can speak in Japanese. I said yes and he then said that there is a program which is being held on Nihon terabi channel called "Zumu in Saturday" & would I like to participate in it. I casually said yes as I had nothing to do on that day.

I was called for the Hanko shop or Inkan shop where the interview was held. Along with me two other foreigners were also called for interviewing. We had to wait for the camera team who were coming from Asakusa after interviewing few of the foreigners. It was a long wait. Once the camera crew came I was asked to speak about my favourite experience in Japan. My favourite was the bullet trains which I travel the most. One of the fastest in the world. It is like going in a plane which goes on the tracks.

I was also asked to speak on presents which foreigners take to their friends and family. The usage a foreigner does with Inkan/Hanko etc. In the video the hanko person speaks about how foreigners make presents to their friends and family. Then I was asked on what is the reason I have come here. I told them that I have come to make inkan of shinkansen/bullet train. It is something which I like the most in Japan as it is the fastest and the travel time is the least. So I usually go on shinkansen to save time even though they are expensive. I also told them that I have farthest till Hiroshima .

It was a good experience but actually speaking most of the interview is edited and other things which I spoke have been edited and a very short version of it is being shown... :-(.

No comments: