Saturday, January 07, 2006

Experience at Nagoya airport


I was suppose to board the flight at Nagoya airport. I reached there early in the morning as it is quite far from my place around 5 hours journey. At airport I had my breakfast and then checked in my baggage at the airport counter. The flight crew informed me that the flight has been delayed by an hour due to heavy snowing. I didnt mind it as I thought I will enjoy the snow.

So I started roaming in the airport and found a lounge where I could see the snow fall and also feel it. This was my first experience of the snow, as back India it never snows. So I started taking snaps and also looking at the aeroplanes which were delayed due to snowing. I roamed around the airport and then planned while returning back how I will come etc.
Later I went into the place where I had to board the airbus. I finished the security check and started waiting at the respective gate where I have to board the airbus.

At the waiting place I met an Indian from Delhi. We just started chatting about the usual stuffs and also the whether etc. Even after the scheduled time of departure the flight had not reached the airport. I asked the airways what is the status. They said that the flight are going to be canceled. Then I got really panicky about it since I was on leave for only 8 days and in that if I loose a day lots of my work would be posponed or cancelled. I tried my best whether I could board from different flight and unfortunately I couldnt do so as there would be longer wait time for the connecting flights. In the mean while I met two people from Laos one was a Pop singer and a violinist and her mother. The Indian from delhi, two from laos and me became really good friends by then.

The flight had been postponed by a day and was scheduled for the next day. We all had a major issue pending in front of us. We had no place to go. I couldnt go back home since it is quite far and returning to the airport was really difficult. For others they had come on a visit to Japan or come on the company visit. So they cant afford the hotel stay as it was really costly. So all four of us decided to stay at the airport and board the flight the next day. We all had lunch together and were really thing what would we do all night and it would be dam cold.

We sat at the waiting lounge where the seats were put and thought we could sleep on the chairs at the night. We also heard that the heaters would be switched off after 12 as it is a system out there. We were really terrified with the cold at the night and it was snowing really hard. Mean while we met two more Indians, one was Shraddanjali ji from Orissa a state in India and the other was her son who is studying in tenth. We start chatting and then I asked casually where do they stay. They said, they were staying very near to the airport. Around one and half hour away from the airport. I was really surprised with this and asked why are they not going home. They told it would be a problem coming early in the morning the next day. I told them if I was in their place I would have really went home and slept on the cozy bed. To my horror they offered me and the delhi guy to come over to their place and we could come early in the morning to the airport.

We just could say no to the offer and we were about go with them. We realized that we are leaving back the friends from Laos just because we got an offer. So our conscience didnt allow and we dropped the idea and told no. When we told the Lady and the boy also said they would stay back with us. The boy, me and the Indian guy thought we better check if any rooms would be available at the airport atleast and we went on a walk. Unfortunately, we didnt find any.

When we went back to our seats we saw that Laos people had got acquainted with Shraddanjali ji . Again she offered all of us to go over to her place and come the next day. This time since all of us were offered we all said yes and then we went over to her place. We all spent really a good time there, had our dinner and slept on the warm bed. The next day we came back to the airport and boarded our flights. Now we all have become really good friends.

If I just call back that day I just imagine what would have been my state if she had not called me to her place. This particular incident I would be remembering for my life time. We were total strangers and this particular incident made us really good friends and we had a nice. I was really happy I am healthy without any sickness due to cold. Thanks to that Shraddanjali ji once again.

No comments: